"Think you can't change the world? Too late, you already have. It was changed for the better the minute you were born. There are more people than you can imagine who will never be the same because they came in contact with you, if only for a fleeting moment."
~ Gail Purcell Elliott ~

søndag 1. mai 2011

Gift bag - Poppies and roses ++ :)

I have another DT I also just love being on, and that is the Prairie Fairy Designs team! :)

Today, I found this beautiful image, which is a new release, on Roberta's blog. I just had to make something with it! I'm a papercraft addict, indeed!.... I printed the image on aquarelle paper; Canson 220 g/m2. I coloured it with distress inks - my first try with a digi image and distress inks. And I don't have a laser printer!! Well, you can see my result. I'm quite happy with it, actually. I just had a great time making this. :)

Close-up.
The design paper is a Bo Bunny paper. Roses from Kort og Godt, Seam binding ribbon in two different colours - both lightly coloured here and there with pink distress ink. The roses had a touch of ink, too. The glass pebble embellishment with the woman's face, is a Prima product. The yellow sheer ribbon was bough tin a local store. Distressed edges; I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

The image is framed with a Spellbinders frame. I have made my own touch to it, as you can see.

The white flower is a Petaloo product.

And then; just one more photo! :

Simple on the other side. I recycled a paper bag I got in the mail when I ordered something online. It's a solid paper bag, thicker than the ones I usually use for my decorated gift bags :)

I enter this into these challenges:


Have a great new week, it's Monday tomorrow! :)
I appreciate your visit and your comments - thank you so much!
Hugs, Hege

16 kommentarer:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie sa...

This is just awesome, Hege! Gorgeous job on coloring the poppies and pairing them up with beautiful papers and embellishments. I'm trying to figure out how I can use this image for our challenge this week - doesn't really fit, but I REALLY want to use it - LOL!!

Hugs,
Linda

Hege-Annie Simonsen sa...

Thank you so much, Linda! :)
Yes, I just HAD to colour this in today - I fell in love with the image instantly, seeing it on Roberta's blog. LOL :D I'm sure you can make a card sutable for the next theme with these poppies! :) Can't wait to see your result! You inspire me! Thanks to you, I have all this seam binding ribbon to add up to my projects - I'm happy I found out where to buy it!

See you! Have a great week, Monday tomorrow! :)

HUGS

Sally Cicada Designs sa...

Your gift bag is so lovely Hege!!! So elegant!!!! Love the vintage style!! Thanks so much for joining our Flower Challenge over at Sundays With Crissy!!!
Hugs,
Sarah ☺

Helen Dooley sa...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along on FOr fun.

Kort og Søm sa...

Helt nydelig!
Ha en fin uke,
klem Fredrikke :O)

Auntie Em sa...

Sooo beautiful! I love the sweet aged style you give your cards.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe sa...

This is so pretty, thanks for sharing!

hey, I have a giveaway here, please come check it out!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

~ Kendra ~ sa...

Amazing!! I just love what you did with the poppies!! I love this new image!

Barbara sa...

Wow Hege...this is such a stunning shabby chic bag:) I love everything you did to make it a masterpiece...especially the coloring of this image!!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion for our current challenge:"Show us your layers." Barbara GDT

Maria Therese sa...

Så lekker pose!!

Jorill sa...

Denne var Nydelig - og utrolig masse lekkert ellers å finne her inne. Du er dyktig!

Klem Jorill

Natalie Z. *Paselska* sa...

Absolutely fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Creatalicious challenges.
Hugs Natalie xx

Anette sa...

Sååå lekkert! Nydelig pynting!
Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Scrappekammeret!
Ta en titt i bloggen vår - nå er det lagt ut en ny utfordring :)
--klem--

Lisa sa...

Gorgeous poppies! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!

Patricia Garcia sa...

Beautiful Flowers!! Thanks for playing this month at Sunday's With Crissy!

Hugs,
Patricia

Pops x sa...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, loving the colours, gorgeous work, thank you for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy, big hugs love pops x x x